다수의 컨설턴트 회사 및 경제 단체에서 올해 전세계 경기는 점진적으로 회복될 것이라고 예상했다.
경기회복이라는 단어만으로 광고계도 춘삼월 봄바람 맞은 듯 설렌다.
일본 대형 광고대행사 덴츠가 예상한 2019년 광고 예산 변화로 광고시장이 얼마나 들떠도 될지 짚어봤다.
2019년 3월 05일
Ten ad spend trends you need you know in 2019
1. Global growth is forecast at 3.8% in 2019, amounting to US$625 billion, reflecting a relatively benign economic environment and continued broad-based recovery.
2. Digital remains the dominant force in ad spend and is forecast to cross the 40%-mark for the first time in 2019.
3. Mobile remains the fastest growing platform and is forecast to grow by 19.2% in 2019.
4. The pace of ad spend growth is decelerating from 4.1% in 2018. In 32 out of the 59 markets included in our forecasts, growth is forecast to slow down in 2019,
but globally growth will likely accelerate to 4.3% in 2020.
5. In 2019, TV is expected to make up just over one-third of global ad spend, its lowest share since our forecasts began in 2000.
6. Despite political uncertainties around Brexit, we’ve upgraded the UK’s ad spend forecast from 4.7% to 6.1% in 2019, reflecting the digital maturity of the UK market.
7. In China, Mobile is forecast to account for more than three-quarters of 2019 digital ad spend for the first time.
8. In the US, digital is predicted to overtake TV’s share of 2019 ad spend for the first time.
9. Online video is forecast to grow by one-fifth in 2019 and is the fastest growing category within digital ad spend, driven by viewing habits on mobile devices and the popularity of streaming services.
10. Television’s ad spend growth is forecast to decline to 0.5% in 2019, but is expected to show some signs of recovery by 2020, reaching 1.6%.